Thursday, March 18, 2010

St Patrick's Day Grillfest


We had our last day of soccer yesterday and a BBQ afterwards. Unfortunately none of the pictures I took of the kids kicking balls turned out because it was so bright. Daylight savings meant it was sunnier longer and the weather was really hot yesterday (80/27!) so it was perfect grill weather. We are so spoiled rotten that all of us live close to the church with its huge ballfield, BBQ pit, tables and playground. It was so cute to see all the kids running around in green. Everyone chipped in and got Ian a really sweet present to thank him for coaching the class. He felt so loved.




My mom friends are all so cute- I actually got the chance to take a few photos of them for about 2 minutes because my mom is here and she took Jack and Christian home with her! I felt bad that they couldn't be there for the BBQ, but it was so, so nice to not constantly be chasing after them and get to finish my sentences a little more than usual. I think we are a pretty happy bunch- not necessarily glamorous or flashy, but we know how to enjoy a nice Wednesday evening with our kids and husbands, which is no small feat. Three cheers for St Patrick's Day BBQs!

5 comments:

Katey said...

Whenever I read your blog, I have the hardest time remembering just why I live not only in Canada, but in Northern Canada to boot. Looks like you had a great time. It's nice being able to finish the odd sentence too isn't it?

Katie said...

You girls are all so cute...can't wait for May. And way to go Ian for all the soccering...since he's not busy enough already.

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Thanks again guys! Josh loved it!

MamaLouise said...

Love those green deviled eggs!!!

C.J. Schneider said...

There's nothing that can beat having really great friends - that BBQ looks so fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails