Monday, November 19, 2007

quilting cunundrums















I thought it would be fun to make a quilt because it seems like everyone else that I know is doing one too. And, it is fun. It is also addictive. I've never made one before, well, solo anyways. Grannie helped me to make a beautiful quilt back in the day, but I honestly can't take credit for it. I turned out far better than my skill set because, well, Grannie did about 80% of it. The idea of making a big handiwork project stitched with love for someone in need of some cheer was very romantic. I couldn't stop cutting, and sewing until I had lined the strips up. I think I was working so manically because I had a sneaking suspicion the entire time that it wasn't going to look quite right. Unfortunately I was right. The look wasn't quite what I was going for- a little too all over the place. I didn't want it to be too matchy, but in my quest to be mismatchy I had gone to far the other way. There was no common theme. It's a metaphor for life I guess- don't try to do too much or your life looks like an unharmonious quilt. I was crushed. The only solution?- pull out the offending quarters and replace them. The biggest mistake was the stripes on stripes- they were an eyesore throughout the quilt.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails