Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Hangover



So I had an idea for a killer sauce to baste the turkey with. It was equal parts maple syrup, melted butter and brown ale. Suffice it to say that it surpassed my expectations and was enjoyed by all. However, I really only needed one bottle of beer for the sauce, but had to buy a six-pack. So I have 5 bottles of beer sitting in my kitchen. Any ideas as to how a non-beer drinker could productively use them? I was thinking chili, but we already have about 10 gallons of turkey soup. Anyway, would really appreciate any insights (both serious and goofy).

Thanks!

4 comments:

Heather Bigley said...

You can use beer in all kinds of batters, if your arteries are hope for it---battered onion rings, fish, chicken, shrimp, you get the idea.

Amberly said...

beer battered onion rings are the first thing that comes to mind... I'm no home deep-fryer, but they sound delish!

Julie said...

This post reminded my a brined turkey I once ate in NYC. You do come up with some great twists for the traditional turkey. As for the request, my brother make beer battered salmon recently that was quite tasty.

tenacious d said...

Substitute it for the water when making bread. It works great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails