Thursday, July 03, 2008

Angie, Angie, why you gotta be like that?


Having twins is hard for some people. As you may know, Angelina Jolie is also expecting twins, and I think her due date is like 5 weeks before me. She keeps fainting and collapsing and having complications. The doctors have been advising her to get in bed but she won't listen. I wish someone would tell her, you know, being on bedrest isn't all that bad.

Okay, yes, I have to confess, being on bedrest doesn't suck quite as badly as I thought it would, or I thought it did at first. I don't want to imply that it's going really well or I want to take it up as a profession, it's just that I'm getting to do some things that I don't usually get to do. Like read. For fun. I like reading, and talking about books for hours afterwards, even if it's just to my sister and she calls it a 'book sermon' later. I've read: Jane Eyre, Reading Lolita in Tehran, Uncle Tom's Cabin, tons of random things I would never check out. I've gotten on top of my mail inbox pile, and I've finished sewing the burp cloths I've had in my closet for about a year. I've even doodled in my journal, which was surprisingly relaxing and brought me back to my jr. high days.

Yeah, OK, I guess I can see how it may not be the most... unrestricted time of life, but come on Angelina, what gives girl? Bed rest isn't so bad. Especially when you get to wear this all day

5 comments:

LiNds said...

which i enjoyed ;)

2x2momma said...

you liked the book sermon? I'm glad!

Katie said...

I love you Melissa! Maybe you should get your people in touch with Angelina's people to give her a little twin advice!!

Coleen said...

It sounds as if Angie could use one of your sermons! You tell her!
And let's you Rach and I have our second vampirous book club meeting!

ashlee said...

You are so cute. Your boys are amazing and I love those suits. Maybe the next time I see Angie, I'll let her know what you said :-) Can I come and see you this week?

Related Posts with Thumbnails