Wednesday, July 02, 2008

and a suit to boot...

Months ago, I really wanted to find two little reasonably-priced suits for Caleb and Julian to wear to their Uncle Nik's wedding the last Friday in June. But despite most of the shops overflowing with pretty tutus, it was infuriatingly hard to find even one dressy boys' outfit. I looked high and low in Abbot Kinney & Beverly Hills, the usual kids stores and tons of online places in between. I had completely given up when we stumbled, quite unexpectedly, on a little place called 'For Kids Only' in Tarzana (mid-valley!) Finding it was a gift- tons of selection with great prices! So we got to spruce the little ruffians up. Something sweet happens when you put a little boy in a cute suit for their 1st wedding.



I guess I'm feeling a tad sentimental, because here's a 'sweet-little-boy' nursery rhyme (these are even rarer than suits if you ask me...):
Bobby Saftoe's gone to sea,
Silver buckles on his knee;
He'll come back and marry me,
Pretty Bobby Shaftoe


Bobby Shaftoe's fat and fair,
Combing down his yellow hair;
He's my love for evermore,
Pretty Bobby Shaftoe

ps. the bride and groom looked nice too

2 comments:

Coleen said...

Julian and Caleb - How in the world do you manage to get cuter by the hour?? And how did people manage to even remember to take photos of that other cute couple - Nik and Jessika?

Sherry Carpet said...

oh my goodness! the unbearable cuteness of it...

Related Posts with Thumbnails