Thursday, August 21, 2008

Krafts

When I was a young 24 year old breadwinning in the tough streets of NYC while Ian gutted through law school, I stumbled upon a magazine that had no relation to anything I was doing at the time but nevertheless caught my attention. I bought a couple issues, and when so many other items got chucked in the trash through all our moves, these have somehow survived. The mag was Martha Stewart Baby. Sadly defunct after just a few quarterly issues, it was filled with gemmy crafts, recipes and articles devoted to babies. Over the years I'd get dreamy and collect supplies to reproduce one of their gorgeous creations, and over the years I gathered a bunch of random items that collected dust in my closet. Then along came bedrest. I finally had time to make the quiet book, crochet the pom-pom hat, and sew the terry cloth washcloth ducks made for scrubbing in baby's neck areas. (the burp cloths were inspired by a gift from my friend Jaymie) I don't know how I would have gotten through bedrest staying this sane if I hadn't held onto these magazines. It's like my future self inspired my past self to buy them, knowing there would be a time when they would be invaqluable. Sadly I'm too sick to continue with the projects- I still have a baby texture book and quilt in the works. I'll get to them someday... they've been fun!



7 comments:

lyndsey said...

wow, you're amazing! at least bed rest is good for something ;)

Julie said...

Each time I see a new post from you and get very happy because it means you're still hanging in there (or should I say the babies are still hanging in there). I'm sure you're sick of bed rest, but way to go! You guys are in our prayers.

Katie said...

You are so crafty! If I were on bedrest I would probably be watching t.v. all day long!

Amberly said...

holy smokes you've been busy! they're darling... are you sure you don't have enough time on your hands to open a little shop there from your bed?? glad they little guys are still hanging in there!

A | E said...

those crafts are awesome!

Justin said...

I want a copy of the quiet book pattern!

Sherry Carpet said...

yet more talents i didn't know about...i hope you'll share your patterns! i love the ducks especially.

Related Posts with Thumbnails