Sunday, January 18, 2009

Taken Aback With Jack

As a mother of multiple multiples sometimes it's hard to really get to know my children for who they themselves are, and so I try to focus in on one child for a couple days or a week to get to develop our individual relationship. Jaima turned me on to child-lead play, which is one of the best parenting tools ever. Jack got his turn over the last week. I was struck with a couple things about him that I love- first of all this kid has got a sense of humour! He smiles and laughs whenever you just look at him. He makes me grin so wide it brings tears to my eyes sometimes. I'm not exactly sure what we're laughing at, but I know I'm super happy. It's hard to explain how he does it, even when he's not smiling, but look at the big silly grin on Julian's face when he's looking at his brother. Julian is constantly leaning down to kiss him.
I am so in awe of his baby perfection- his sweet little footy flesh, and he's got killer long eyelashes!


What do I do with all this darling babyness! It feels like an embarrassment of riches when I hoard it, so the only thing I can do is try to bring in more witnesses to revel in this gorgeous, darling little boy. Jack's got such a light in his eye a few holders have remarked that you can tell he's a very special spirit.

ps. he's gotten so good at grabbing things and playing with them, it's super cute to watch!

7 comments:

MamaLouise said...

I look forward to reading your insights into the other three boys. I presume that the idea is to highlight each of them. They sure are special.

Eileen Young said...

Gigi is also taken aback with Jack!!

Jamie said...

They are all so cute, and have such cute personalities. He is growing so fast, and getting so big.

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

I'm impressed by your taking the time to notice and document specific things about each of your kids. I think that's a great idea and something you'll treasure. You always remind me to enjoy the moment.

Nora said...

Wow! He does have killer eyelashes! Thanks for the advice re: names. I think boy names are particularly challenging. You guys have done a great job!

Staci said...

I really know how you feel. I am so swept away in baby enchantment right now that is killing me. What a sweet little guy you have. It is such a blessing that you can truly enjoy him.

Bobbie said...

Thanks for sharing Jack's "darling babyness." He really is beautiful! I like your idea of really focusing on one child for a set amount of time. Even without multiples, I feel like I need that kind of focus.

Related Posts with Thumbnails