Monday, June 29, 2009

my little ladybugs are flying away


This is the story of Caleb and Julian's very last day at the UCLA Early Intervention preschool program they've been attending for the past year+. Because of their early birth, the boys had some delays when they started in the program and were eligible for many services through the Regional Center, but I'm happy to report that they have made so much progress that technically they are no longer eligible for anymore services. UCLA rocks at pretty much everything, and this preschool is no exception.

our last Friday in the Pollywog pool program

The boys have enjoyed swinging, running and tricycling in the beautiful playground, swimming in the pool with me on Fridays, painting and exploring different themes and topics and interacting with their teachers who are always gentle, caring and loving with them. Carmen, Julian's teacher, was his very first crush, and they both love to run to their lead teacher Sevan when they get to school in the morning. When I was on bedrest one of the things that totally saved us was this program. When we brought our new little babies home to fill our home to six people, the UCLA program and the routine it gave the boys saved us again. We've had so many transitions over the past year and I don't know how I would have done it without this school.

Jack and Christian loved hanging out at the big boys school



The boys are about to turn three and when you turn three you leave this preschool. Today was 'our' graduation. It was bittersweet and emotional for all of us as we said goodbye to these dear teachers and incredibly nurturing program. Caleb and Julian asked for these ladybug cupcakes and I was happy to make them, (they were pretty simple but look very cool) they were a big hit with the other kids. The ladybug flies from one adventure to the next. Looks like this is one adventure we're leaving behind as we move towards more in the future.

4 comments:

Katey said...

Do I detect a certain Martha Stewartness to the cakes published on this blog? Sounds like the boys have had a blast. For more culinary fun ,check out her new book on cupcakes. It's turned me into quite the cupcake enthusiast!

Staci said...

What a sweet post! Where will the next adventure take them?

MamaLouise said...

Happy Birthday boys!!! I am so glad you got to go to the UCLA preschool program. What a wonderful group of people running that program. I'm sure they will miss Caleb and Julian. Love you all...

2x2momma said...

Katey- I did get the recipe for the cupcakes, and all the cakes, from Martha Stewart! But they were recipes in her Baby magazine that is now defunct. I bought it back in like 2002! I was so surprised to come across a copy of her cupcake book at Costco. Since you told me about it I checked it out and definitely could saw the recipe in there! Crazy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails