Sunday, May 11, 2008

Honoring Mother's Day

I have to say that being a mother is the best, most happiest thing that ever happened to me. I enjoyed a challenging and fulfilling career for seven years, got to do a decent amount of traveling and living in neat places, and have met some fun and wonderful people in my day. Still, my favorite thing of all has been being a mom. And being a mom to twins is extra delightful. When people find out we have twins (and are expecting twins) the usual comment is something along the lines of - 'You must have your hands full' or 'I don't know how you do it', which is all true. I get the occasional comment from someone who instantly understands what I can't express, that having twins is demanding, but it's also extremely enjoyable.

They know that we get to enjoy two wonderful little boys through an individual relationship with each of them, and also get to observe the sweet relationship that is developing between the two of them. Our boys want to be close to one another even as they get in each other's space, and are figuring out how to be together.



They often climb on the same stool or sit in the same chair and it's funny to see how they learn to accommodate each other and grow closer little by little day by day as they do so.


Just when I feel like my heart can't get big enough it seems to stretch just a little more. Recently they have learned how to take turns and pass favorite objects between each other with greater frequency, often without being asked. They have also discovered hugging. It's really a pretty amazing time.

5 comments:

Our Family said...

They are just too cute. They love each other so much. It makes me want a twin.

MamaLouise said...

What a nice post Melissa...the joys and challenges of twins is certainly a unique experience. Being a mom is the best. It goes by quickly so enjoy the young time as much as possible.

C.J. Schneider said...

I regularly check your blog and love reading your updates. I thought this post was so beautiful! I love being reminded that being a mother is an amazing privilege. Motherhood has seemed to me like a boomerang - at times you have to throw some precious parts of your life away (sleep, freedom, money, etc.) But those precious parts thrown away come back to us, different in form, but certainly in the most unexpectedly fulfilling and rejuvenating way.

ashlee said...

That is so sweet and they are so sweet. It is so fun to see pictures of them being such good friends. They are so cute.

Amberly said...

those pics are so sweet. I'm so glad you can see your situation as an incredible blessing- the closeness the boys share is completley darling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails