Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends

I'm not on bedrest right now, but I am taking it easy. Very easy. A few contractions- very mild contractions- have shown up here and there. Not a big deal, but not something to trifle with. I'm lying down a lot, and just overall slowly becoming an invalid. I find that I do best when somebody else is around, at least for a few hours in the morning or afternoon, to help out with the boys.
I didn't try to get into this position, I did my very best to avoid it, and yet here I am. Dependent on others. It's been very humbling to be in a position of need. I haven't ever been in one for too long. It's been so difficult, but being the recipient of so much love and kind mercy has been amazing. The best thing about being in need is that I have learned what it feels like (terrible), and what it feels like to be helped, which is so nice. I used to be so self-sufficient, and that's good, but I think I may not have been really sensitive to other's needs before now, and I hope I become more so after this experience.
My mom has been really great, she came down to help for a week and then decided to stay for two. She's got a lot going on with everything back at home, but she has whipped my home into shape and just having her here has been really helpful.

My other amazing angel has been my friend Alissa's grandmother. She is absolutely incredible. She often calls to just ask 'what can I do for you?' I've sent her grocery shopping and she's helped me out many an afternoon or morning with the boys. I've never seen anybody so full of pure love. I continue to be amazed by her graciousness. She is so sweet and always lifts my spirits.

Surprisingly, the boys have pitched in as well. They have been trying to sweep up after themselves and even try their hand at the dishes. Well, I may be exaggerating, but they definitely can bring me their own diapers when asked to...


Last but not least Ian seriously deserves father of the year. He has delivered in ways that have surprised us both. I continue to be amazed by this man.
Well, just four more months to go! So many other dear friends have pitched in and made offers that will be made good I'm sure over the coming weeks. Just knowing I can call on them means the world to me. Gotta keep these kids in here until September at least! With the help of my friends I think it just may be possible...

1 comment:

Amberly said...

what on earth is ian reading in that last photo?! enthalling, I'm sure! I'm glad you're taking it easy, it's going to be a mellow summer for you missy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails