Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Things that BedRest makes me Grateful For

Relief Society. Besides my sisters, even the ones I don't know very well, bringing me meals like no other, Gail Smith drops by to help clean up and bring the boys to their school, Valecia picked up a package at the post office for me, Val brought over some kickbutt bread and a yummy meal, Katie offered to do a Target run, Laura spent her morning at the pool with my 13 yr. old helpers to give them a break, Ashlee brought a movie and pizza, and Lindsay and Nicole have lent me awesome books. I have been brought to tears by their thoughtful acts of service and outpouring of love.

The Snoogle. Makes bed bearable.

My lifeline to love and laughter. My sister in law Charla has called every single day, and friend Val and Grandma have spent several hours giggling with me too.

Emily and Grace, my two little sister in laws, are the most helpful, cheerful girls who never get offended at the stupid, trivial things they are asked to do all day long during their summer break.

Sunshine in a cup.

The sweet photos Ian takes with my rad new Nikon I got for my birthday. When I see them it feels like I'm outside with the fam even when I'm not.


Twilight. I scoffed at these vampire romance novels initially, but bedrest made me bored enough to check them out. Read the first book in less than a day and making my way through the third now. I love them.

Sooo awesome.

Lindsay, my sister. She dropped everything to stay with the kids when we went into the hospital and brought me my all-time fav. Baskin Robbins flavah to keep me company in bed.

3 comments:

Our Family said...

I'm glad people are taking care of you. You deserve it and I'm sure they all love thinking about someone else and having someone to serve.

Amberly said...

way to be focused on all the blessings surrounding you! I'm so glad you are being well-taken care of and that you in a grateful state of mind!

Jenny said...

Oh Melissa and Ian!

What a thrill to find you... and a million congratulations are in order. What a beautiful family you have! We treasure our brief time with you! Best of luck through the bedrest, hopefully to full term!

We're adding you to our favorites link list. Keep in touch!

Jenny (and Nate) Richards

Related Posts with Thumbnails