Saturday, August 01, 2009

Our Week is a Complete Blur


I get asked a lot when my kids started walking, talking, getting their teeth in, etc. and I have no idea at all, which is incredibly embarrassing. I'm their mom and I have no recollection of them ever crawling or learning to walk! I was doing my Project 365 pages today and staring at a photo of us at Pioneer Day, thinking about how it was an awfully, awfully long time ago, a month or two at least, until I realized it was LAST SATURDAY!!
I know that we've got a lot going on and it's not important to be able to say exactly when my kids did this or that, but I do want to remember these precious moments that are fleeing faster than I can say 'it's going to be over before you know it!' (I get told that so very often it feels like my mantra! But it's frighteningly true!) When my kids start asking me to tell them stories of what they were like when they were a baby, I want to have a good selection of little slices of life to share, not a complete blank.
Scrapbooking projects have been my salvation for remembering/recording information now. I've gone a little overboard, bringing my camera everywhere and taking photos every time we go to the park, but I like that I have photos of my kids pulling themselves up, just goofing with their dad who they absolutely adore, laughing together when they run around in the kitchen and being with cousins, grandparents, etc. (of course, it would be awesome if someone took photos of me too, but that's another story...)
Making an album for my mom for her birthday was one of my funnest and surprisingly simplest projects ever since I had so many photos to work with. I loved playing with all sorts of snapshots of her and the boys, my siblings with the boys and just the boys on their own. It's fun to see how much life and laughter she brings out in them, and how very much they enjoy her. I used my Bind-it-all to slap the thing together, and the Sunshine line from Cosmo Cricket and that was just about everything.


I remember feeling so intimidated when I first started photo-scrapping almost a year ago, like I had no idea what I was doing or where to even start. I NEVER would have thought I could put an album together, or known how simple it was. I'm so glad I persisted. In the future when my memory of today is a blur, I'll just pull out one of the albums I'm working on now and tell my dear boys (with the helpful journaling tags, of course) just how amazing they were when they were little, and how that little piece of amazing will always be with them, growing just like they are.




5 comments:

Katie said...

Love it! You will have to give me a scrapbooking pep talk when I am in L.A.! I am a slacker...I am so impressed with your skills!

Katey said...

What is Cosmo Cricket? Tell me more. I need to find a ggod way to scrapbook my own precious memories and by the look of your awesome pages, your selection for scrapbook stuff is broader in LA than it is for us up North!

2x2momma said...

I get most of my stuff online Kate, because the selection around here kind of stinks! My fav. site is www.bluemoonscrapbooking.com

Coleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coleen said...

I'm glad you had so much fun making it because I'm still having so much fun looking at it.
Thank you again Melissa for the best birthday present ever.
I love you - Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails